We're excited today to release Habari 0.6.3! This is an update to our 0.6.2 release, and enables users of particular (newly popular) versions of PHP to install and use Habari. Also included are some permission-related security fixes.
All users are encouraged to back up their database and upgrade to this latest release. It can be downloaded from here.
Sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed time and energy into continuing to make Habari the success that it is. The Habari community continues to expand, and bring new talent and passion together. If you haven't yet, be sure to join the Habari Users mailing list and/or the Habari Developers mailing list to get engaged!
The complete list of items fixed in 0.6.3:
- 3178 - Allow entries without tags.
- 3618 - Password reset is an action, and should be phrased as such. Also means the text isn't cut off in the button any more.
- 3693 - Work around a bug in PHP 5.2.10 and PHP 5.3. Allows Habari to be installed on those PHP versions.
- 3698 - Allow users to edit their own profile page.
- 3707 - Open the temp file with write AND read permissions to allow subsequent reads after opening.
- 3726 - Add permission check to core dash modules so that users without access to moderate comments can't view the comment module on the dashboard. And more.
- 3728 - Change hotkey for My Profile to a 'Y' to obviate conflict with the Manage menu hotkey.
- 3743 - Insert a missing image into the manual.
- 3745 - Ensure the user has permission to delete a post before deleting it.
- 3746 - Make the undelete plugin ACL aware.
Many bug fixes and improvements have been made since the last release, but as with any piece of software issues and enhancement requests remain. For full details see Habari's change management system.
The Habari Community is dedicated to making Habari as safe and as secure as possible. If you believe you've identified a security vulnerability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.